VAF Hydrocyclone Separators are effective in removing suspended particles from any flow stream of water where the specific gravity (density) of the particle(s) is heavier than the fluid it is in; the more significant the difference in gravity between the water and the particle, the greater the efficiency of the removal process. Depending on the specific gravity of the particle and the viscosity of the flow stream, very small and denser particles can be removed.
NOTE: Particulate removal can be enhanced if multiple passes of the stream can be achieved.
- Self-cleaning, with very low maintenance requirements
- No moving parts
- Removal of 98% solids 2.6 specific gravity and higher at maximum flow rate (see back side of PDF)
- Heavy duty, corrosion resistant construction for a long service life
- No electricity required
- Capacities of 1 to 1,771 m3 /hr (4 to 7,800 gpm)
- Simple installation
- When combined with a V-Series automatic self cleaning screen filter, any water source can be filtered down to 10 microns!
- Excellent pre-removal to reduce load on downstream filtration components
- Low cost
- Made in the USA
- Custom skids available